Sunday, August 15, 2010

Saturday (Sneaker Freezer) Recap



















































Saturday Recap:

Sneaker Freezer's Event at Hiro Nightclub. Went down 40 deep (give or take) with assorted heat; random j's (og's and retro's) as well as a few sb's.

Seen all kinds of HEAT. Some I've never seen in person, some I haven't seen in years.

Good blend of folks in attendance. I received major props on the few pairs that I brought, and made some good contacts.

There weren't as many vendors as I expected, but what the spot lacked in vendors, they made up in folks bringing their own items to sell (as well as trade)

I had ZERO intentions to trade; it was all about the buck for me, and I made out well. I won't disclose the amount I accumulated but I was quite pleased to say the least.

Saw two pairs that I should've definitely copped because of how rare they are, but I had my priorities straight that day.

D was a GREAT deal of help; I couldn't have done it or made it through the day without her. There was a lot of buzz and my table(s) throughout the day, and she made everything that much easier for me. I can't thank you enough =)

Some of the items that I sold: Flint III, True Blue III, Concord XI, Cool Grey XI

As I reflect on the weekend, I realize that my Love for the game has not died down, although a few weeks ago I thought it was beginning to. It's not about making bread, more so than it is about being with peers that have the same respect and love as you, sharing stories, and networking.

D and I had a great time, for our first experience doing this, and we have every intention of doing it again, and doing it even bigger than this past time. If dudes thought I had heat then, wait until they see what I bring next time around. 40 pairs isn't even a quarter of what I own; more like an eighth.

With that said, Thanks and much props to the dudes at Sneaker Freezer for the invite, and the pizza.

Shouts to the dudes at kidinthecamera.com and ikonyc.wordpress.com as well

2 comments:

Unknown said...

holy shit. amazing...thats all i can say...u have/had some amazing heat my dude.

sidenote: peep this shit u wont be dissapointed

http://www.deftronic.com/2010/08/this-nigga-lost-his-mind.html

Fly-Est.'83 said...

Good looks, homie. I sold a good amount in a short span of time this year, but believe it or not, my collection is still deep, with even more heat (in my opinion) than i sold.