Monday, April 25, 2011

Farewell to an Era.



As we already know, the Nike Skateboarding Blue Box run will come to an end this june, being replaced with the Red (and White) box. The era, like so many others, was full with highs and lows (pun intended), some memorable heat, and some forgettable buffoonery.

With the Blue Box Run came the removal of the fat tongue, a sad day for most SB fans. The latter months thankfully brought back the tongue and soon after, the addition of the new and improved sole, toe tag, and inner padding.

With that said, I've composed a list of my top picks, not so top picks, as well as my honorable mentions for the era. This is based ONLY off of the blue box pairs that I OWN, as well as my opinion(s), and certainly not off of hype.

Top Five from in descending order, with One being the best:

5) Liberty Hi
4) Ms. Pac Man Low
3) Iron Man Hi
2) Skunk Hi
1) Blue Lobster Low


Not So Top Three:


3) Dunk Low Asparagus
2) Dunk Low Blue/Pink Ice
1) Dunk Low Toxic Sea Robin

These are merely my least favorite pairs; I don't "hate" them but for various reasons, I'm not a huge fan of them.

Honorable Mention:

5) Dunk Hi Pac Man
4) Dunk Low J Pack
3) Dunk Hi Eric Koston
2) Dunk Low Larry Perkins
1) Dunk Hi Oceanic Airlines




With all of that said, The Blue Box Era, has had its Heat and forgettable pairs, just like the eras that came before it. The Red Box Run will be no different; there's nothing that I'm looking forward to picking up, butI'm sure there will be some ish out there that will be a must have for me.

No comments: