Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Don't judge me.

I've been going back and forth about these concords; I think some of you out there may already know that. I really hate the fact that jb prices are on the rise again; it's been a slow increase over the past decade or so, but still. It doesn't effect me like that because I stopped buying j's a few years back.

But....I was planning on getting the concords, as well as the black/cement III's (who isn't?). When I was informed of the supposed $180 (or is it $175) price tag of the concords, I said fuck that shit . Now after seeing images of the box yesterday, I'm more like, sign me up. It's gonna sound dumb to non-sneaker fans that I'd be sold on a pair of sneakers because of a, "box", but have you seen the box? It's a work of art! Not just that, but it (in a very VERY small way) sort of eases the pain of spending that much, at least to me. I feel like, if the price tag is gonna be what it is, at least I get a special box, and not some generic bs.

I'm still kinda on the fence about this purchase, but I just wanted to inform you that I'm now leaning back to getting them (pending a close inspection of the material). I tell you, I am in no way, shape, or form, back to buying j's on the regular; I've been on a four plus year strike and I will for damn sure go back on it after next spring. There's just a few upcoming releases that have personal value to me; this pair being one of them.

When they drop, I'll tell you the reason why.

No comments: