Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Making moves.











Here's a few photos of the progress we've been making. Over the past weekend, my dad (the professional) was nice enough to come by and start working on our floors. He busted his ass both Saturday and Sunday, and did the damn thing. I didn't get to take official before and after photos, because I was away at work while most of this was done.

You can get an idea of what the floors looked like before in the photos though. The stairs haven't been touched as yet; D and I have only taken down a pair of runners that were nailed to both front and rear staircases (we have to two sets of steps that lead upstairs). The last photo, of the living room, is what the parlor, along with all of the rooms downstairs (except for the kitchen) looked like.

We're thinking about keeping the floors light in color, at least downstairs. We'll probably just stain it a shade darker than how it looks now, sanded.

It has only been a week, and I still can't get used to the size of this house; I'm slowly getting used to the feeling of ownership, but it's still somewhat bizarre. There's so much that needs to be done, but it's all very exciting, as well as rewarding, and of course, there's no major rush at all. The fact that there's certain things that we'd like to have done before we move in, is what has us on a little bit of a schedule though.

Lastly, I've got to mention the fact that my mom, as well as D's mom, came through (along with london and my sibling) to help on sunday. They did a great job and have been very helpful thus far, except for London who did shit. Literally.

No comments: