Wednesday, March 2, 2011

le studio de l'artiste

A Tuesday spent in NYC. These images, with the exception of the first and last two, are from a soho studio of a disclosed artist. We're fortunate enough, D and I, to be able to have access to such an awe-inspiring place that very few are able to frequent.

The first image is of a currently vacant building, over one-hundred years old, that we were lucky enough to extract a number items from, free of charge.
















































The, "insects", as well as "masks" were created out of various antiques and obsolete tools, as well as industrial parts. They sell for thousands a piece, and are some of the less expensive items.

3 comments:

syerso said...

WOW GUY great Pictures...only if you would have gotten all the cars getting towed lol would have been great lol

They call me D. Nice.. said...

His work is freakin' amazing.. I'm glad you were able to capture to good parts of our overall sucky day.

Thanks again for accompanying me. You're the best :)

Fly-Est.'83 said...

Man....I was scared to even take photos and post on bbm, let alone on my camera; I just had a vision of a dirty nypd cop jacking me up for photographing them :S

I'm glad I was too, love. I wasn't even trying to mention the crappy parts of the day :& At least we have two years before we gotta go back.