Monday, March 7, 2011

New (nostalgic) Pickup









Pokemon White and Black just dropped yesterday (3/6). Stood in line for about twenty minutes at game stop, amongst children with parents, teens, and a few adults. I was actually surprised to see a line and feared that they would sell out, but fortunately there were plenty of versions in stock.

I've loosely been into Pokemon since my high school days, but I've been into Japanese animation for way longer; I vividly recall waking up on sunday mornings as a youth in elementary school, to watch epic Dragon Ball Z battles on UPN 9. Fast forward to my sophomore (or junior) of high school, just getting back from Christmas vacation, and a good friend of mine at the time returns, playing the Red version. Mumbles and continuous talk of, "Get up on this shit", naturally fueled my curiosity, and later that week, I purchased a transparent Game Boy color and the Yellow version. Within a few more days, two more close friends showed up at school with their own Game Boy's and versions of Pokemon. The rest, as is said, is history.

I've always been interested in Pokemon. Although, I've at times gone years without a game purchase, I've remained a fan.

No comments: